Billing & Insurance
Accepted Health Insurance Plans
MedStar Health accepts many health insurance networks, but each network is tailored differently in coverage of certain procedures. If you are unsure whether your treatment or desired procedure is covered, please call your insurance provider for additional information.
Before you receive care, always contact your health insurance plan so that you understand the covered benefits and costs. If your health insurance plan is accepted, your plan may require you to get referrals for specific health services.
MedStar Health Provider Network
When you get your care at a MedStar Health location, you benefit from having your health care managed by a team of doctors in the same network. If your health insurance changes or you need to see a new doctor, we’ll help you find a doctor who accepts your health insurance plan.
How to Pay Your Bill
Depending on the services you received and the location of your care, you may get a hospital bill and/or physician bill from MedStar Health.
- Hospital Bill: If you receive a hospital bill (view example), look for a section labeled “Ways to Pay” on your bill to see all of the ways you can pay. Bills that can be paid online include any bills for inpatient, outpatient, or emergency services, which include the line “Pay online at https://www.mymedstar.org/HospBillPay” under the section “Ways to Pay.”
- Physician Bill: If you receive a physician bill (view example) for services provided by a physician, you can pay via mail, by phone, or online. MedStar Health Physicians Billing offers a convenient and easy-to-use online payment service that allows you to pay your physician bill quickly and securely. To get started, please visit https://Billing.MedStarHealthPhysicians.com.
Have a question about your bill? Submit Your Question Online >
MedStar Health provides financial assistance to uninsured patients who live in the communities we serve in one or more of the following ways:
- Assist with enrollment in publicly-funded entitlement programs (e.g., Medicaid)
- Refer patients to state or federal insurance exchange navigator resources
- Direct patients to funding that may be available from other charitable organizations
Ask Us for Help
Our customer service representatives are trained to assist with any questions, concerns or comments that you may have about your bills, including financial assistance.
You can reach our hospital customer service to discuss hospital billing concerns by calling 410-933-2424 or toll-free 800-280-9006. Our representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Contact our physicians’ customer service to discuss physicians billing concerns by calling 703-558-1400 or toll-free 888-896-1400. Our representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.